Thursday, July 27, 2017

Gains & Losses



It's been two weeks now since we've returned to the US, although we still haven't made our way home yet.  The kids are off at camp, and I've been puttering around in Wisconsin, staying with my in-laws, trying to make myself useful and attempting to get back into shape.

Hans and Miriam want to make a "best of" list to post, so I know I'll be back with at least a few more mentions of Australia, but in the meantime, it's well past the time I debriefed the trip, or did a post-mortem, or used some other metaphor to go back over this epic journey we took.  Considering just the losses and gains...

Lost:

  • 2 water bottles
  • 2 containers sunscreen
  • 1 retainer
  • 1 sweater
  • 1 towel
Replaced:
  • 1 pair shoes
  • 1 bra
Gained:
  • new countries for our list (4 new ones for the kids, 2 new ones for me)
  • alot of frequent flier miles
  • so many new experiences
  • a new appreciation for my bed and pillow
  • the realization that even with what little we took, we still over-packed
  • 10 pounds (that would be me, not the kids...)






1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll still be mentally processing this trip in some form for weeks to come!

    ReplyDelete