Friday, June 21, 2019

Portland, Oregon



Our time in Portland was spent visiting close friends, and we spent most of our time hanging out at home rather than doing anything "touristy".  We did enjoy a walk around downtown, having some gourmet chocolate, visiting an electric car showroom, and buying lunch from the food-trucks.  My favorite truck from two years ago is still going strong...I can't wait to master this recipe myself, at least this time I remembered to take a picture of it!


We spent an afternoon at Oaks Park, mostly roller skating.  It's a lot harder than I remember it being thirty-some years ago!  It took awhile, and I suspect I was a bit less than graceful, but eventually I managed to find my groove...and at least I never fell!  


It's a beautiful old roller rink in one of the oldest continuously operating amusement park in the country.  The old organ wasn't playing (and the DJ did not play any of our requests), but we had a great time on the historic "floating" floor.  Following a flood in the 1940s, the roller rink was re-built on a platform of barrels, and while you can't tell that it's floating now, they have succeeded in saving the floor from two later floods!





No comments:

Post a Comment